Floor Tiles - FAQ
What are the benefits of floor tiles?
Floor tiles deliver several major benefits to your bathroom or kitchen:
They are durable, meaning that they can withstand large volumes of foot traffic without losing their characteristics as well as spills and stains.
Floor tiles are also highly-decorative and can really bring your bathroom or kitchen up.
Floor tiles are easy to clean and don’t require much effort to keep them in good shape.
Variety is another benefit. Floor tiles come in various colours, patterns, textures, and sizes, making it easy to find a style that matches your bathroom or kitchen project.
Finally, floor tiles can last for many years, making them a highly cost-effective option in the long run.
What are the different types of floor tiles?
Floor tiles differ by the material used to create them, design, and size.
The most common materials used to create floor tiles include:
- Ceramic - a mixture of clay, sand, and other natural materials. Ceramic tiles are highly durable and easy to maintain.
- Porcelain which are ceramic tiles that are fired at high temperatures to make them denser and even more durable.
- Natural stones like granite, marble, slate, or travertine.
What to look for when selecting floor tiles?
When selecting tiles for your bathroom or kitchen floor, you should consider the following:
- The level of foot traffic you expect in the area. This will help you choose tiles that are optimised to withstand it over a long period of time.
- Whether the material used works for your space.
- Size and shape of floor tiles to ensure that it works well with the dimensions of your space.
- Finally, look at the aesthetics of your tiles, and see whether they complement the furniture and appliances you plan to install in the kitchen or bathroom.